Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Guinness and Red Wine - One of Each!

That's it! That's all I've got to show for 2 child free nights out in the last 3 days cos this bloody baby won't make an appearance. As I'm on driver duty, I must remain technically sober for the next.....I dread to think how long. Sat night was one of our friends 30th birthday parties, and a good party it was too. We chose not to dress up as per the 80's theme of the other guests - just in case labour came on then. I imagine the midwife's at the local maternity unit would have had a good laugh at us had we arrived in some bad 80's outfits? Yesterday was spent at a wedding, which was a very good day out, but my "treat" was a glass of red wine with dinner. We were rather hoping that baby might make an appearance just after dessert for a number of reasons, one being that BB was already at my mothers. Obviously, we'd both be fed and watered too making a stint in hospital that bit more bearable. The wedding venue was 10 mins from the hospital too, which using my German prototype efficiency model, would be the best option. But alas, I think our baby knows it is not German. I'm not sure the kilt would have proved all that practical in the maternity ward either though?

Our midwife also called to have us visit the hospital for a needless appointment. Nevertheless, it provided the opportunity for yet another doc to prod at my wife's bump. As usual, everything is ok and all the discussion surrounds things that can possibly go wrong. Cheery places are ante natal clinics! MPLST still has 10 days or so until due date, and there seems to be a panic about how to induce her should she go over (this because of the previous C Section, and induction following one of those bad boys opens an even bigger can of worms). They could at least give us until D Day has come and gone. Oddly enough, the nurse who measured her blood pressure today was ex forces, and praised the Germans for their relaxed attitude to all of this. 3 weeks over due date is common over there. 3 weeks late sounds about right by MPLST's standards, maybe we should move to Germany?

No comments: