Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Childbirth Song

Mum's perspective my thinks.....

There's been no movement on the bambino front. In fact, I'm moved to question if we're cut out for 2 kids under 2 years old (even if just for a month or so). SS is here this weekend, and whilst yesterday was good fun and spent outside, today my head hurts from kids shouting all morning. Any parent who endures the whole summer holidays with kids who have not learned to talk (as opposed to shout) has my greatest respect.

Mixing part time dad and full time dad has been amusing. SS brings with her the tongue of a 5 year old, the kind that can fill any silence. I learned that the gift we sent over for her birthday 3 weeks ago is still boxed as "mum is skint" and can't afford batteries. A year or two ago, this would have wound me up, but now I find it quite amusing. It's easier to send over batteries (which perhaps I should have thought about previously - Doh!) than to get angry. I'm willing to bet my left testicle that if that same gift had come from the other side of the family though that it would be well used by now. Ho hum.....

On the bright side, we (those who are not pregnant) all went out cycling yesterday to give MPLST a deserved lie in. Rural living has it's advantages. You can use roads and the few cars you do come across are very understanding of wobbly 5 year olds. We managed to cycle "all the way to the sheep" which puts a new perspective on distance for me too.

1 comment:

Sharah said...

Very amused by the clip...sent it on to some of my female friends who def appreciated it! Thanks ;-)