Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dog Tired

Jings, crivens help m'boab! I'm not sure I was this tired even when BB was under 3 months. What the hell is going on here? Just how much more tired can I possibly get (which I know is coming) when Bambino arrives? I'm not fishing for sympathy - I already know that it lies somewhere between shit and syphilis in the dictionary, and although I am keeping up my end of the bargain by making MPLST's life easier, the jobs are just piling up. We had a visit from a good friend on Monday, who commented that my wife looked tired and should rest for what's coming, but him (ie me!) should go sleep because I looked bloody terrible. Perhaps that should be a former good friend?

Today marks the day the rest of my colleagues return to work. The plus side for me personally is that I know I'm on company time, whilst my feet are firmly routed terra firma. The downside is that I'm eating into Paternity Leave without a baby and that seems like a waste in some respects. The knowledge that I should be at work provides a wee mental lift to being totally shattered.

Tomorrow we are off for another visit to the midwife purely for a regular check up, and neither of us anticipate any problems. We'll probably use the excuse to get out of the house because we need a change of scenery whilst waiting on baby.

No comments: