Friday, August 15, 2008

D-Day

For two weeks, the question "Baby or wind?" has been posed to me many times. Yeah, like I'm supposed to know. My wife won't own up to vulgarities such as farting, and being the classy chick that she is, she rarely makes noise or even smells when she does. As there has been no new baby as of yet, I can only assume that it was wind.

Today though, things have changed from a question, to "Ohhhhh, that hurt!" Rather oddly, I proceeded to spend an hour and a half in the greenhouse sorting out my tomato plants, and MPLST baked some cookies then went for a snooze. Very 1950's, don't you think? Here was me thinking I'm some modern day super dad/husband. It appears I am surplus to back rubbing requirements for the time being, and she has decided rest is the best thing for her.

That was earlier today though. Since then, it's all stopped. My 20/20 hindsight says that not getting our knickers in a knot today was indeed the right thing to do. She got some much needed rest, and my tomatoes are in great shape. Everyone's happy!

I guess that since tomorrow is Saturday, and the football season in Scotland is in full swing, I won't have the chance to watch the full times at quarter to five. Sods law and all that......watch this space!

No comments: