Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bad Cop Bad Cop

MPLST was due to return home today. BB had been excited to get as far as one sleep to go on our way to nursery yesterday, so it was with great care I broached the subject of mummy being delayed for a few days. As I carefully explained that mummy needed to stay at work for a few extra days, and that it's ok to miss mummy, because daddy misses mummy too, he calmly said "Ok, daddy. I wanna watch TV" and ran into the living room with some expectation that his wish would be granted.

Hence, no blog yesterday as I was busy feeling sorry for myself. None of this was helped by your eldest (yes YOURS) being up 4 times in the night. However, I am pleased to report that he has taken on board some clear and concise instructions from daddy, and last night I got a whole 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Bizarrely, I'm still cream crackered though.

All we could muster today after nursery was to play in the garden. All rather uneventful - the highlights included LL standing at the end of the chute getting BB's left boot in the cheek as he arrived at the bottom. Unfortunately for LL, that was also the same cheek I (rather clumsily) caused him to bang against the wall as we left for nursery this morning. BB was also rather willing almost all of the time to "help" his brother down the chute with a gentle wee nudge at the top. See the pic below.



What I have noticed over the last few days is that all this full time dad nonsense that rendered the normally ever so assuring voice of daddy as useless. What I mean is that under normal circumstances, when I raise my voice, the kids generally stop, listen and then do what they are told. I suppose that only works when you are bad cop. So far this week, BB has laughed in my face when I boomed a lecture at him, and today when asked "BB, how many times have I told you not to do that?" I got a rather smiley "Three daddy" with the wave of 3 little fingers and a toothy smile. It may be in his interests that mum gets back on Friday at the absolute latest....

No comments: