Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stripped of all Testosterone?

This single parenting malarkey thing is doing weird things. I can almost feel my penis shrink by the day, as both other men and woman question why I am left with the kids. I'm almost frightened to admit that I can do it any more. On one hand, I am making a rod for a the back of each and every man we know, as each ones missus berates him for not being able to have the kids for even a single weekend. On the other, I'm being further drawn into conversations with other mums about toddler groups and the associated politics. I really can't be arsed with all that.It got even worse today. In an effort to keep BB amused, we went to the park, but it rained on the way, so we baked some Mr Men cakes when we got home. Baking??? WTF? I don't mind cooking - cooking is manly. The best chefs are blokes. Maybe even the best bakers are - but they are all failed chefs, so that doesn't count. So far as I know, only Ainsley Harriot slipped through the net - the rest are men's men, are they not?.
It's not as though I've not tried to man it up a little this week. I've ignored the ironing. I've watched football Tues, Wed and Thurs, boxing on Fri, and football and boxing on Sat. On Sat, I even drank beer. But still I fear I'm only just short of having my man breasts fill up with milk.Anyways, BB enjoyed licking the bowls. I've not been able to get LL far enough away from me today to get a picture. He's fine though. We're looking after him.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Mmmmmmmmm - cake! Make sure you save one for me ;0)

BB is getting freakily more like his daddy was at his age. He's definitely your mini-me!

Handsome chap.

BFS said...

Flattery will get you everywhere....