Monday, October 26, 2009

There's a Pond in the Park Daddy

BB is getting excited, he's counting down the sleeps. Not so much counting, but getting visibly more upbeat as the number gets lower.
For the first time since I got home, it wasn't chucking down this morning. The troops were ready to fall out at 0830, and BB cycled his way to nursery for the first time. I can see me dropping the BF bit if I keep carrying LL and trying to keep up with Valentino Rossi.
So on the ball were we this morning, I was at the butcher by half nine. It's a brave man who does it, but since the wife was away, I gambled on a liver casserole for the boys tonight. She hates it. I don't mind it. It's good for them, so that was the reasoning. I thought BB would be hard work, and although I got him to help with the cooking, he really wasn't going to eat it. In fact, he described it as "yucky" whilst pulling a contorted face worthy of winning any gurning competition. LL on the other hand, couldn't get enough of it - finished all of his in double quick time, then most of his brothers. 2 portions of that in the freezer. Well done me!
Before that, we did find time to sneak in a visit to the park. It's still pretty much flooded in areas, which is unfortunate, as BB had wanted to wear wellies, and I talked him into wearing shoes. We were there about 5 mins by the time he had waded through a muckle dub and soaked his feet. Since we were only 5 mins from home, and he was already wet, I figured I'd let him go for it, and see if I could get a really cool pic, but he wouldn't play along. Besides, it was proving hard work just to keep his brother dry.

1 comment:

Arnie said...

Do you think words such as 'yucky' are instinctive or do you think they have to learn them from elsewhere??? haha.

Can't believe I'll be home tomorrow......yay!!

SYS xxx