Sunday, November 1, 2009

How Not to Endear Yourself to Your Mrs

MPLST did indeed return on Friday - my absence from the world wide web has (rather unfortunately) not been because she has pinned me to the bed and has been making up for lost time. No such luck, we're just trying to squeeze in some family foursome time before I go back to work.

I didn't do myself any favours tonight though. We were returning from a shopping trip and a visit to Grandma's for the boys when, I got caught out by one of many floods on the way home. We aqua planed before blowing out one back tyre, and the rear bumper is hanging off. On the bright side, the lads slept through the whole, albeit brief, drama. I even managed to move the car 3 times to find a suitable place to jack it up, got the wheel changed and was home before either of them woke.

Now that we are all home and in one piece, we can of course laugh about the whole thing -ok, maybe a wry smile is as far as we'll go at the moment. So the car (her car!!) is a bit worse for wear. It definitely needs a new wheel and tyre. We'll assess the damage to the back end in the day light.

Safe to say though, that I don't think I'll be getting pinned to that bed any time soon......

No comments: