Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ip Dip You're It







She really has gone and done it. As I write now, MPLST is probably somewhere over the Med en route to deepest darkest Africa. The client has assured her that it is perfectly safe to travel - things have apparently calmed down to normal but the dust til dawn curfew remains in place. How comforting.

So, from today, until next weekend, it will be my job to post a daily blog for her benefit. Note to wife: I intend doing a better job than you did through my last trip! There should be plenty pics of the boys, though obviously not up to Her Ladyship's standard of photography. Got to go....there is the distinct aroma of keech close by, and for once I can't blame the wife.

Back again, the calmness has descended. Almost time to give a progress report for day 1 before I crash and burn. For those that want to know, I got a text saying MPLST had arrived safe and sound.

LL has, as we thought he would, adjusted just fine to not having mum around. The wee shite didn't want anything to do with me for my first couple of days home, but we're best mates again. I failed the first daddy test tonight though - the poor wee soul fell off the sofa and bust his nose this evening - I should have seen this coming when I donned a white top this morning! At least I'm consistent - BB fell off the couch the first time we were home alone too.

BB and I managed to go and play hide and seek amongst the bales of hay this afternoon.





The cake at the top is MPLST's latest effort - BB is very pleased to be 3.

The weekend promises to be eventful. I pick up SS from school tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait!

No comments: