Saturday, September 19, 2009

Domestic Shaunie came to the fore this morning. All my chores were done, and the kids managed a cycle around the village with LL in the backpack. Now that I've straightened out most of the crap that someone very very far away left me, things are in better shape around here.
That left LL plenty time for a kip before a 2nd birthday party this afternoon. Just what the stay at home dad needs - lots of mums gloating and trotting out the all too predictable "now you'll see how hard it is for us" line. Honestly, I think some of them are hoping that this all goes horribly pear shaped just to show that a man can't possibly do it. I've been stewing on some of this, but I'll leave that rant for another day.....
I didn't take the camera to the party, which is a shame because BB looks strangely similar to Mr Bean on speed when he's on a trampoline. I did take a pic of the kids before we left though, all sporting their Friday night pulling gear. A typical family portrait I suspect - point the camera at the baby and he cries. Middle one is soooo excited he can't hide it. Oldest one has that kind of glaikit fake smile going on. I can't get a decent pic of her at the mo.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

How did you handle BB starting and stopping his bike whilst you were straddling yours? Noticed he's on his nice new blue one too - he must have had another stretch.

BFS said...

I was walking carrying LL (the rucksack in the pic gave it away I thought!)
Went again this morning. Boyo much better generally, but fell of checking out the hot blond on the other side of the road. (Maia was walking with her dad)