Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday - The New Monday?

No end of week pick me up for Shaunie Boy this week. A morning which consisted of listening to a gaggle of auld hens convincing themselves that motherhood is such a travesty, before heading off on a 2 hour round trip to pick up SS that wasn't made any easier with a diversion that takes out half of Dundee on the way back. Handy at tea time!

A few things stuck out though. Apart from the new mantra of "Why daddy, why? Why? Why? Why? Why daddy? Why?........." we also have a new one. "To the rescue" repeated non stop for as long as he loses the curious feeling. Actually, it's more "Tooooo de yeaaaaaaahscoooooooooooo" - he's not cracked R's yet. Kind of unfortunate given his name.

So, the highlight of my Friday was a) having 3 kids that eat the meal I cooked and b) a trip to Somerfield where I could buy fruit Clubs and my very own selection of fruit and nut biscuits.

The wonder of my self induced high was compounded when MPLST let me know that she can't get to where she's going until Monday, and so is "taking it easy" in a hotel room all weekend. My heart bleeds.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Was that as in Wonder Pets to the rescue???

I'm jealous I missed out on your trek amongst the hay bales - cool pics!

BFS said...

Not sure? It comes out when his rescue truck does though.