Friday, October 24, 2008

Sea Views

But not quite the ones I want right now.....

As is always the way, the last two weeks passed me by far quicker than the preceding two weeks of work, and I find myself counting down the sleeps once again. On one hand I'm back where I get some quality shut eye, but on the other I miss the family.


It's been a tough week for BB, with starting playgroup and having us leave him for longer than ever before with relative strangers. Then on top of that, dad has gone and left him, so we thought that would explain his bad mood yesterday. He was basically needy, demanding and stroppy....all the things a two year old boy should be I suppose, except it is actually unusual for him.


I was relieved to hear that last night, after a whole day of playing up, he finally vomited all over himself and his mother. I'm not missing home quite as much now!


Seriously, at least there is something to explain the change in mood though, and hopefully it's not serious and he'll be back on form in no time. And it proves he listens to me. That was another thing we agreed he'd save for mum.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

It looks like a millpond! I hope the weather is warmer out there than it is here.

BFS said...

It's been far from that. Anotehr Google image I'm afraid. It's v cold approaching f cold! And the wife and kids have had no heating since before I left too......so maybe it is better here.

Fiona said...

Funny you should say that, we're without heating and hot water at the moment too.

I once visited a rig and literally got blown off my feet much to everyone else's amusement.