Monday, October 20, 2008

Firsts

Little Lad got his first bottle from dad last night. Not much of a bottle mind you, as mum has only just started expressing (the wonder of the breast pump, yet another thing that can lead you to question your wife's sex appeal!) Anyway, I digress...LL took the feed well, so I can only assume that means lots of boys nights in to come next leave as mum does her thinking with the other mums who apparently never get out.

Today, BB had his first day at playgroup. I think it went well and he did it all on his lonesome without mum or dad. In fact, I think mum was more traumatised over it than he was judging by the look I saw on her face as we drove off this morning. I think the Danish pastry and peaceful morning brew we enjoyed upon my return went a long way to convincing her that it was for the best though. Judging by the picture he brought home, I think he rather enjoyed it too.

We also got to talking about firsts later in the day. MPLST noted that she has given her grandma two firsts in the last couple of years. Last Christmas was grandma's first ever Christmas stocking, in her 82nd year, and a month or two back, we invited her to her first ever barbecue. I'm told firsts are exciting, no matter how old you are when you have them. Perhaps it even helps to be old enough to appreciate them.


No comments: