Sunday, October 5, 2008

British Second Wives Club

I just can't believe there is a club with that name. I'm curious if there is a third wives, or even fourth wives club now. If not, why not? I had a look at their site, expecting perhaps something similar to the Gold Wing Owners Club. Would it have handy hints and tips on restoring your worn and used husband to his former glory? Or perhaps some handy tips to ensure that, with a little regular maintenance, he'll continue to provide lots of riding pleasure in the years ahead? Would they all meet in country parks at various weekends throughout the summer, displaying their prized husbands in the hope of appearing in the local rag?

Much to my displeasure, no.

I'm a little disappointed though, having had a look that there are no such clubs for wife 3 or 4 (not that I'm planning that far ahead!) either. How do these poor women get by?

www.thebritishsecondwivesclub.co.uk



2 comments:

Fiona said...

BSWC is another of these organisations that seems to ratchet up a sense of grievance and all common sense goes out the window. I think your idea is much better.

BFS said...

I think your idea is much better.

Now there's something I don't hear every day.....