Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleep at Last

Uninterrupted sleep. Sheer bliss! Almost better than making the baby in the first place.....
Only once before have I ever been remotely pleased to get to work, funnily enough that was when BB was born, but in truth I've got a little bit of a cheek. That time I managed to work it so I had 14 weeks off, and 6 of them were spent at home with BB and MPLST post birth. This time, I only (yes, only) managed to wangle 8 off, and since LL was 2 weeks late, I've only experienced sleep deprivation for a little more than 3 weeks this time around.
Even that claim is a little bit lame. In some respects, my latest venture into fatherhood is not quite what I expected. MPLST has seen to each and every night time bum change when she has been feeding, leaving me to see to BB whilst her and the LL catch up on some much needed zeds in them mornings. Not sure I'm getting the best end of that particular deal, as I get the proper stinky nappies, whilst she bathes in the glory of changing the sweet smelling chicken korma ones. It seems that in the early days of multiple baby homes, dad has to concentrate on being a good husband (ie a housewife) as opposed to doing dad things.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I thought the Life & Style section was the only sensible bit of The Times these days.

BFS said...

Perhaps it is. Journalism has gone to pot on all sides I think.
It beats working for a living though.