Monday, September 15, 2008

2 Under Two - Not Any More!

Today is BB's 2nd birthday, so technically, we are no longer the parents of 2 children under two years old. Naturally, I expect all our problems to be solved overnight with this revelation, because it's having both kids under this magic number that makes everything so damn tiring. Isn't it?

The picture above is his birthday cake, which I had nothing what so ever to do with making by the way. I did keep Little Lad amused long enough for mum to work her magic though. She's setting a high standard, I wonder what next year will bring? Since moving from the bright lights of the city to our new, more rural abode, BB has developed a little fetish for tractors. Our friends and family seem to have picked up on this, which might explain why my living room looks like the Massey Ferguson production line at the minute. However, I did have a lot more to do with the destruction of the tractor pictured, which I can confirm, tastes as good as it looks.

The weekend with three turned out to be just as easy/difficult (depending on which side of bed one falls out of) as having the two. SS and BB had a ball together, which if anything freed up more time to do other things that new parents need to do, but inevitably can't get done. So one weekend down, three happy kids AND a tidier house.... I'm getting the hang of this dad malarkey I think.

No comments: