Saturday, July 19, 2008

One word from me.......




......and MPLST does whatever the hell she likes! Or at least that's what it's been like for the last few months. I urge her to rest, take it easy, put her feet up......you get the picture. But no, no pregnant woman would listen to such common sense, and nor should one push one's luck too far in trying to make her listen either!
Unless of course, you can rely on the child. On Tuesday night when I was putting BB to bed, I gave him the first of many fatherly lectures to come. We'd done the milk, story and brushing of the gnashers, and as I took him to bed, I explained in a very daddy sort of way, that I would be gone in the morning as I had to go to work and make some pennies (for mummy's new size 10 jeans - no pressure then m'darlin!) Being as daddy wasn't going to be home for a few weeks, and mummy has the baby in her tummy, I asked that he make an extra special effort to be a good boy for mummy, and that he understands that mummy can't lift him all of the time like he wants, because she is using some of her strength to help grow the baby, just like she did when he was in there.
Today, BB surpassed even the most ambitious dads wishes though. He changed the game playing rules. Instead of dragging mum off round the house, down the drive, up the stairs or simply standing in front of her with his arms up as he does, this is what happened today. As mum came off the sofa to play with him, he sternly shouted "MUMMY!" and pointed to the sofa and only seemed pleased once she'd returned to her designated spot. He repeated this until she played along. So one happy toddler and one rested wife. Excellent!
Obviously, I am taking deserved credit for this miracle change in behaviour and I reserve the right not to inform the world wide web if he should revert to type tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mr Pineapples said...

This is all very interesting an all...but what would really grab our attention is why you have had two divorces.

Come on ole buddie - spice up this blog - spill the beans - add a bit of raucous excitement.

Why have you been a double divorcee?

BFS said...

Thanks Mr P! You misread my good fellow. Only the one big D, and I kinda like it that way. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this blog merry and take my misery to other boards and blogs when required.