Sunday, July 27, 2008

Calm down, calm down


Christ! I'm sure it's not suppose to be like this for dad! How old is too old to start smoking? Right now it seems like a realistic option, and if you know how much I hate the bloody habit, you'll get an idea of where I'm coming from.
The last few days have been slightly stressing, but only because I am still at work. The lovely weather in which you lot have been basking on the beach lead to, as it usually does, "pea soup" out here. Normally, I am not they type to flap over such unavoidable natural phenomenons, but when one knows one may need off in a hurry, then the weather really has to be such that choppers can actually see the bloody rig.
Such thoughts have provoked worries over getting home, or rather not getting home and potentially leaving MPLST up the river without a paddle. It's not very North Sea Tigery, but that has buggered up my sleep a bit! Just the preparation for 4/5 months of sleep deprivation.......
Coupled with that, MPLST has been suffering a few aches and pains as her body prepares itself to let go of the bambino. I can imagine that BB is making life quite hard, but being the martyr that she is, she has so far refused my offers to come home. Tonight though, she sounded exhausted, so I went to my boss (actually his boss - skip the middle man if you want something done) and told him I may be seeking a flight on Monday instead of Wednesday so I can support my Mrs. Oops, that makes her sound like a football team! Fortunately, he was receptive to this, despite the massive workload on at the minute. If it comes to that, I must remember to buy him a beer sometime for being such a good egg.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I hope you are practising deep breathing exercises. ;-)

BFS said...

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong? Never mind, home in the morning, that'll get the heart rate back to normal.