Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I've Got The Power!


Like all great smug bar stewards, I shall milk my glory, despite knowing it will be short lived. Finally, Mrs BFS had admitted that she's been overdoing things for the past 4 months. No shit Sherlock! It's not that I get some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing her suffer you understand, and believe me, when she asked for me to come home early, she must have really been suffering. It's just that I get to say I was right. I told you so. Me, the thick one, without my University Education and all that. I. TOLD. YOU. SO. Now I get to puff my cheek out and receive the "I told you so" kiss (it's just something we do). The balance of power has shifted.

Coming home early to support to MPLST has shifted my mood somewhat. As I thought, now that I am back where it matters, I am considerably less stressed (despite still being horribly disorganised). At least I know I'm here for the birth. I can get up in the middle of the night if required and be at the hospital inside the hour if need be. Despite BB playing the I want my mum card whenever he's not getting his own way, I have the ability of rough and tumble play which distracts him every single time - though at the rate he is growing that won't last forever either. Whilst she goes through a never ending cycle of sleep, loo, sleep, loo......I can now do what all good dad's do.......cook, clean, iron and amuse the toddler. Yes, in 2008 that constitutes a favourable shift of domestic power in the mans favour! By 2030, we'll be bloody breastfeeding. Talking of which, in 6 months time when Bambino is finished with them, the balance of power will no doubt be restored.....

2 comments:

Sharah said...

I'm quite amused by the blog! You are doing a great job!

BFS said...

So I'm sharing all my very own personal feelings for your amusment, am I?

Cheers Cuz! Hope you're not working too hard.