Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Blame Channel 4

Potty training abandoned, for the time being at least, it's back to the grind of humiliating the Mrs.....

Not entirely unexpectedly, we're a little blase about pregnancy number 3. Let's face it, we're old hands at this now. What's to get worked up about? MPLST pretty much breezed through the first two pregnancies, though it is fair to say the deliveries themselves were far from simple.

Whilst she was growing BB and LL, it would be fair to say that MPLST was not the complaining type. I recall she laid a carpet in BB's bedroom about 4 days before she gave birth. She never flinched from a days hard graft either (if you can call sitting on your hoop at a desk all day hard graft!)

So why is it all of a sudden on hitting week 30 I find myself trapped in the house with the ultimate Drama Queen? Has the cumulative effect of carrying two bruisers broken her body beyond repair? Or has she lost her supply of Toughen Up pills? Or, is there a more sinister ploy to get her money's worth out of yours truly during this third (and very final) pregnancy?

Personally, I think the answer lies elsewhere. It lies firmly at the door of Channel 4's latest fly on the wall program One Born Every Minute. See, my theory is that having seen all these whining, whinging, moaning groaning melodramatic nut jobs, MPLST has realised that she could really be milking this mum to be stuff a little bit more than she has done in the past.

To illustrate my point, I shared this revelation with her this morning. It must be more than a co-incidence that about 4 hours later I received a call saying she "needed" (midwife's word, not hers) to go to hospital.

And to prove my point, we were sent home about an hour later, and everything was ok!

No comments: