Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Two Sides to Every Story?

MPLST has never really been great at keeping secrets. This trip (I'm almost home), she appears to have been a very busy lady. Hoping as she does to deceive me, she didn't really mention a lot of what she was up to. My rather perceptive male intuition told me that she was up to something though, and as the questions flowed, she spilled the beans.

For the last fortnight, she has been busy finishing off decorating the playroom. Admittedly, I left the said room in a bit of a state. Painting unfinished, sockets to move, Sky connection to move etc.
Being the clever cookie she is, she decided (for both of us) that the carpet needed replacing, and bought a floor. Not only has she laid the floor, she's done a pukka job.....skirting's off and back on. Door posts trimmed. She even laid the floor twice finding irritating imperfections in the middle that she knew would bug her, and so laid it properly a third time. Now she's on with "customising" some of the furniture - the mind boggles at the thought.

The one thing she can't do is electrics. But her cunning plan to have the whole thing finished involved trading her skills to do some painting at her brothers house, whilst he sorted the electrics at ours. Not a bad swap really.

I on the other hand, can't get home tomorrow as my relief is not coming out. I thought I'd stop here another day - just to give her time to finish it properly!

So, is it true that she will do absolutely anything to avoid doing housework? Or is she genuinely enjoying a bit of home improvement?
What will the impact on the boys be I wonder. BB sees his mother as a builder at the moment, whereas I am the man who comes home to do the ironing.....

No comments: