Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pressure, What Pressure?

If for no other reason that to post a few pics of my loons, I must blog tonight. I've got sod all to talk about (but plenty to whinge about) - which will seem odd, as I'm sure this will be a long one.....

Her Ladyship has buggered off and left us again....for the second time in 3 days. Granted we knew about the first one, a long standing commitment to have a well earned weekend away on her bestest mates hen weekend. I couldn't really complain I suppose, since I've been abroad twice on similar weekends since the boys came along. In fact, I'm sure I had to ask permission for the first one when BB was a matter of weeks old. Great timing that was.
Had the boys been old enough to understand that dad is a truly grumpy sod when he comes off nightshift, they would surely have asked for a weekend at gran's instead. We did good though. I set about changing the drive belt on the mower with BB being my chief helper whilst LL was having a nap. You can see him checking if I had done a good job, before hogging the drivers seat, eager to go.

So far so good. Lots done by the time MPLST returned home. On Monday morning we set about going to the local tip with all out cuttings and weeds, only to arrive home and find out that MPLST's boss had called. It's never good when they call you on a Monday morning. An "emergency" trip offshore was requested. Bollocks! So, we saw her for all of a couple of hours before she buggered off and left us again. Simultaneously, I think that was all I had mentally prepared to fight in the tired stakes, so they have had the worst of grumpy dad for a day or so now.

Still, in the interests of keeping little boys happy, we drove to the "yellow park" in a village about 12 miles away today. This despite the fact there must be about 2 bloody dozen parks inside that radius closer to the damn house. But Tuesdays are for the yellow park apparently. Fridays are for the red, much more local one, it seems. The boys had a good time though. We stopped at Auntie K's on the way so I could get a much needed caffeine injection. Guess what's on in the corner of this room......




Tomorrow morning, BB is heading to his friends house and stopping for lunch. LL and I will head to toddlers, where, if there is any justice in the world, one of the yummy mummy's will have baked and will bring the results along, only for all the hip conscious ladies to refuse leaving lots of cake for fat boy here. Bring it on!
Before that though, I have to drag my sorry backside out of bed early with the kids to do the ironing I was supposed to be doing instead of farting around with this damn blog. I hope you appreciate the effort Arnie.

No comments: