Friday, July 17, 2009

Careful What You Wish For

Those are Lesley Ash's. We now have a set just like that at home - they look even more bizarre on a 2 year old.

Yesterday, as you will recall I was carefree and cavalier regarding just how bumped and bruised my little boys should get. In fact, I think I uttered something very close to "If our boys reach 18 and have never had a trip to A&E, I'll be extremely disappointed because they won't have had a proper childhood" to my better half. If you've not worked it out already, this came back to bite me on the arse today.

BB landed face first today after the most spectacular fall from a toddlers ride on toy (thankfully not his new bike, as I can't afford another divorce!) He managed to give himself quite a nasty gash on his top lip, and managed to bleed over several people. Note to self: don't wear nice new tee shirt to mother and toddlers in the misguided hope of new yummy mummies coming along! It required a trip to the hospital, where my brave little soldier let the nurse cut of the remaining flaps of skin from inside his top lip. I swear I could sense his mother drilling the "I told you so" through the back of my thick skull.

To make matters worse, later this afternoon he has fallen down some stairs, fallen out of the (stationary) car and tripped on some gravel. I'm awaiting a call from social services any minute.

No comments: