Friday, February 20, 2009

Lord Won't You Buy Me....


It's a pity the government and the car industry are working at cross purposes. Gogsy and his cronies want us to keep our kids in booster seats until they start Uni, yet on the other hand, car manufacturers generally don't make a back seat wide enough to take 3 booster seats.

I have acknowledged that I listen to Radio 2. I do my clothes shopping based on necessity rather than style these days (not sure I ever had style right enough), and I'm starting to notice clothes now that were in fashion the first time round. I go to "mother" and toddler groups. I don't do Bebo or Facebook. I watch Question Time and even Andrew Marr on a Sunday morning occasionally. These things make me feel old enough. I don't need a bloody Xsara Picasso or a Renault Scenic to rub the salt in!

I came across this website in my search http://www.multimac.co.uk/home for options. Relatively new on the market, one can now purchase a product that can seat up to 4 kids across the back of some cars - mine being one of them. But then there is the price, I won't share, if you're that keen you'll look for yourself. Bloody expensive! More expensive than a new car? Probably not. But still, I can't see it catching on at these prices. A really expensive car seat, or a people carrier? - that is the question.

Or perhaps not. One of our friends did manage to get 3 boosters across the back of her Volvo. Now there's a choice.....a Volvo or a MPV. Please no!

No comments: