Friday, May 28, 2010

Wham, Bam, Thank You.......Man???

Once upon a time, perhaps when I was under the illusion that I was a young stallion of a man, I may have lived by the motto Love Them and Leave Them. I really didn't expect to get loved and left as an (allegedly!!) happily married man. It seems that is indeed what has happened.


After being away to work for a week of my 2 week leave, MPLST arrived home late last night only to turn our house upside down and inside out before buggering off again (another hen weekend) this afternoon. In those twenty hours or so she single handedly created more mayhem around the house than 2 (yes two) kids with a combined age of 4 managed in a whole bloody week!!

From where I'm sitting, it would seem that her sole reasons for coming home were to
1. Get some BFS lovin'
2. Grab clean clothes and leave me the washing
3. Bake some cakes for said hen do.
4. Finish making T shirts, again for hen do.


I'd probably not be too bothered about it, had say, number 1 on the list reflected itself as her number 1 priority. The brutal reality for the modern stay at home mug, sorry I mean dad, is that it was exactly the reverse of that order above. And I'm pretty sure number 1 is only in there to keep me sweet!

To rub salt in my already bleeding wounds, I got up this morning to find the mug of tea I made her whilst she was hard at it last night untouched. Oh, and that was along with each and every thing she had used covering the very space I need to feed the kids breakfast this morning. So essentially, I think I am whoring myself out to MPLST now. It seems that in return for a token hump, I will clean up at her arse and look after the kids. Not a bad deal if you can get it ladies.

It's probably a good thing for her that I can't afford another divorce!! Maybe if treat them mean, you really can keep them keen. It's working for her.

1 comment:

Mia Carmel West said...

Although I'm not in the position to tell you what your marriage needs to become better, I do suggest that you check out a couple of marriage and separation advice in order to keep your union honest and truthful, which allows for a better relationship in the future.