Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chicken Casserole



In the interests of clarity, I should point out that last nights blog was written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I did receive a message or two this morning from concerned friends thinking it was all going down the swanny. Seems someone might even have been keeping a place for me at their kitchen table just to make sure I don't go hungry. It'll serve MPLST well to know that I'm obviously being looked after!



Anyway, today was far less stressful a day. Only 2 boys to look after and no wife. BB had his last dance class before next weeks show. Shame I'll miss it - I won't miss the looks from all the other dad's that say "Why are you torturing that poor little boy?"
After listening to a chorus of "soup is not my favourite" all the way home (having explained soup was indeed what we were having for lunch), BB proceeded to demolish it. At one point, he was simultaneously scoffing it whilst telling me it was too hot and he couldn't eat it. And you lot think I'm confused.......

On the way to the park this afternoon, we noticed that the farm around the corner was having an Aberdeen Angus Open Day. Having noticed an ice cream van, I figured we'd give that a go. Turns out it was more of a farmer's do, where they were bidding on bovine beasts or buying cattle feed and agricultural machinery. Still we saw big coos and wee coos, so boys were happy.

Thereafter, decided to do park before ice cream. You will note that the messy wee buggers were left to sit on the sill of the car until their ice cream was finished. All they cared about was the ice cream though. Happiness continued.

BB and I planted the sweetcorn in the greenhouse this afternoon, then admired all our seedlings from last weeks planting. Beetroot, lettuce, peas and carrots have all made an appearance. He seems impressed, but will he eat them? We'll see.



I'm having another fun Saturday night in with Ant n Dec tonight. Roll on lunch time tomorrow when we become four again. I swear that I do firmly believe all the tosh about spending quality time with one's kids, but when one is under the weather and kids are ill, it's not all it's cracked up to be!

No comments: