Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Playgroup

More like trench bloody warfare I'd say. Don't you just love the fact that they present this image of the children all playing happily together or listening intently to a story? I found out today that's all a big fat porkie pie.

Today was my first time "on duty" at the local playgroup, which depends on parental assistance to function. Since nursing mothers can be excused for 6 months, not to mention I am the kind of dad that partakes in this nonsense, I offered up my services today. We arrived bright and early for a fun filled morning of painting, singing and of course snacking too.

As I have come to expect, in every group of people, there is a nuisance. Why I would have expected 2 and 3 year olds to be any different, I have no idea. It did come as a surprise to me that not all kids do what they are told though. Not even at the fifteenth time of asking....

Thankfully, Julie, the other parent helper has far more patience than I do with kids other than her own. She managed to "encourage" one particular little shit to "switch on his listening ears" throughout the whole morning. Personally, I could have swung for the little swine, and that was less than an hour in.

I did get, and still have on my tee shirt, a nice big good boy sticker for washing and drying the dishes though. I think BB was very proud of his dad.

No comments: