Saturday, February 20, 2016

It's Not Like When I Were a Lad..


Big boy marked another first with a trip abroad with the cubs for half term. Gone are the days of a muddy weekend in a coo field (complete with a herd of coos) spent dodging pats and dumping in a hole in the ground (for me) at Durie Estate (for me), or the equivalent Templar's Park weekend all of 5 mins from home (for MPLST). No, boyo marked half term with a trip to Euro Disney in Paris, taking in such delights as the Montparnasse Tower, a guided tour of Paris and a trip on the Seine all followed by 2 days at Disney. Is this what my mother meant when she said I didn't know how good I had it? What was her equivalent I wonder......

Needless to say, he left without so much as a backward glance whilst climbing the stairs on the bus. He returned safe and sound, having had a brilliant trip with about 40 other cubs.

Not sure why I couldn't take advantage of being a child down this half term. Oh, that's it.....big sis came and brought her friend. Clearly, I didn't think that one through. What ensued was a weekend entertaining four, whilst MPLST and baby Z caught up on zeds of their own.

No comments: