Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Father of Five


It seems even by my own slack standards, I've neglected the blog, and hence our only look back at what goes on around here over the second half of 2015. Not that it's an excuse, but that is co-incident with us discovering the imminent arrival of our fourth child.

Said child has now been delivered safe and sound, and it turns out that contrary to local folklore, SH does indeed make girls. Baby Z (symbolic you might say as the LAST letter of the alphabet!) arrived almost a fortnight ago, weighing in at a dainty 10lb 2oz. That extra couple of ounces from last time certainly looked like it made a difference to my untrained eye....

So, I'll have to update the blog, and get back in the habit of capturing random pictures and the goings on around here. Despite trying to fight off the IT age, we've both neglected using the camera (as in the purpose made one, not the phone) so haven't captured the some of the kids (can't say boys any more now, can I?) best moments. I don't do resolutions, but I promise 2016 will be better.

Almost 5 years after having our last bambino, it's now back to sleepless nights, nappies and finding breast pads down the side of the couch. It's all flooding back. in some respects, it's even tougher this time around. We are now ferrying around the bigger boys almost every day to some kind of activity and have to squeeze in walks for, arguably, one of the most energetic dogs one can keep. Couple that to a new working rota that sees me away for 50% longer than before, I foresee some testing times ahead. We'll cope though. It's what we do.

For now, we'll continue to reacquaint ourselves with the joys of having a new baby. 

No comments: