Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Coast to Coast

I still haven't got around to posting the pictures of our trip Down Under, but I must mark the achievement of son number 1 and I completing a coast to coast cycle from Oban to Montrose, totalling 149 miles over 4 days.

The wee man was tremendous throughout. He had his challenges, but overcame each and every one. Like his mother, he doesn't do mornings. Like his father, he can only take time with his parents in very short doses. Pairing him with me for 4 days on a 1-2-1 basis carried its share of pros and cons. For both of us!

I plan on detailing the trip separately for him, so this will be a very brief, "well done us" post. I'll add a picture once I overcome the IT issues.

Starting out in Oban...

 
Along side Loch Awe on Day 1...
 

 
 
First lunch stop in Lochawe, first 20 miles done!
 



 Day 2 along the north side of Loch Tay...

 
Day 3 was much less pleasant, more of that later.
Jumping straight to the end of day 4 at Montrose. One very chuffed young man...
 


No comments: