Monday, February 25, 2013

HMS Unicorn

In my many journeys between God's Country itself (for the uninitiated, that's The Kingdom!) and Aberdeen over the last twenty years or so, I must have driven within one hundred yards of this thing over a thousand times without actually knowing it was there in the first place. I happened to hear one of the other mums at our toddler group talking about it on Friday morning, and as I needed to entertain the kids on Saturday, decided to find out a bit more.
  

They were suitably excited to be visiting one of the oldest 6 ships in the world. I was pleasantly surprised with their enthusiasm as I got dragged around the various exhibits.

 
 
 
As we moved deeper into the bowels of the ship, head room became a bit more restricted. C and I pretty much stayed put down in the hold (below), mainly because I was crippled! There was a narrow walkway up each side of the vessel with gaps perfect enough to lose a toddler in. The other three went off and explored the whole vessel on this deck by themselves though.
 

1 comment:

Arnie said...

Cool. They look genuinely excited! Will have to go sometime...