Monday, November 7, 2011

Skool Does Actually Suck

Remember the days where your own head was full of "school sucks?" I thought I had gotten past all of that, but it turns out, school has a second wind.

A few months ago, I had this great mental image that with the onset of school for the big boy, and nursery for the middle boy, that my days would become a lot more, well easy I guess. How wrong was I?

A the meerkat says, the theory is simples. Instead of having to do one run to nursery, and another 3 miles away to playgroup, we should now be revelling in the simplicity of having nursery and school in the same building. It's fair to say, mornings follow the theory - but then it all goes pear shaped.

When you live in the middle of nowhere, what is one supposed to do for that two and a half hour spell in the morning? Can't go to town. No Xmas shopping. You can barely get a head of steam up in the garden. Then, once you've collected nursery boy, it's a matter of 4 hours until your next appointment at the school gate.

It seems more than ever that we are slaves to the school clock, and that somebody is actually robbing hours from the day. And, it means that I have to do my Christmas shopping at the weekend along with the rest of the world. That's one of the perks of working offshore wasted!

No comments: