Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Note to Self

Who'd ever have thought me of all people would become a workaholic? I can assure you, not anyone who has had the misfortune to be described as a colleague, that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, I have always taken a certain pride in my work, but up until now it's always been more about quality than quantity.

But this new job (it's not so new any more) has got me rushed of my feet, and I'm a bit disappointed to admit that I actually like it. Prefer it even. Job satisfaction - I thought it was just another meaningless phrase.


So, why am I banging on about work on my daddy blog. Well, this trip I have got sucked deeper and deeper in to the job. So much so that I made two unforgivable mistakes. Firstly, I started making plans to do some office work when MPLST and I already have plans next week. Secondly, I offered my services to my former boss as he needs bodies to complete some work in September - only to realise that by doing so, I was missing one of the boys birthday. What a right plonker.


Both have been fixed, and I shall be spending the required time at home with wife and kids, instead of kissing arse and progressing my career (I had a job only 8 months ago - now I've got a bloody career!?!)


It's a shame that the Mrs had to point it out though.


Must try harder.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

If you feel rushed off your feet now wait until you are doing all that childcare too. BTW I've just noticed I missed your birthday,Happy Belated one.

BFS said...

Thanks. Mmm, I am wondering just what I've (we've) let ourselves in for.

Sharah said...

You and your lovely wife are both nuts! But you are still my heroes!