Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Productive Days...

There are times when one must ask oneself if it is purely co-incidence that the most productive days are those when the wife is offshore?

We awoke to a glorious spring day, so after breakfast we ventured on a new walk. Junior photographer R took his camera and let me borrow it for the top and bottom pics. The wee boy did fantastically well, we must have trekked a couple of miles, and he didn't complain once. More importantly, he didn't fill his pants either....








The afternoon was eventful enough. O gave himself a nasty friction burn sliding down the pole on the basketball hoop. It looked sore - he's had dads tough love approach and appears to have manned up suitably. In fact, whilst I was weeding under the kitchen window later, I heard R shout that the dog had a rabbit and wouldn't let go of it. I turned around to see him holding her by the collar, so I said I'd be there in a minute. By the time I creaked by bones to the upright position, O was marching toward me proudly holding half a rabbit in his bare mitts, asking me what he should do with it whilst informing me that its eye was bleeding. Country living clearly isn't doing him any harm.

Compare that to his brother who found a "creepy crawly" in his bedroom nearer tea time. When pressed what it was, maybe a caterpillar or a millipede came the reply. It was neither, but between us we got rid of it, but O would have been so disappointed in us if he had witnessed our cack handedness! I can only assume R is destined for a job in the city, and it's not running pipes and cables through other peoples attics!

I suspect big boy is gearing up for a request soon too...but what for, I'm yet to find out. I got help in the garden today, he weeded the veggie patch off his own back. He then tidied his room without prompt. And to put the cherry on top.....he gave up screen time to walk the dog whilst dad finished the ironing (that's how you get it done, dear!)
His reward so far? We've also spent a little one on one time teaching him to tie his shoe laces, which he now seems to have grasped.

All I have to do now is get their bikes is tip top condition as they've been asking me for days. I'm on it...

No comments: